By Alyssa Green
Our Sacramento Public Library system is a fantastic resource for families. Each month we will be choosing 5 of our favorite activities that are being sponsered by a local Sacramento Public Library. There are many, many more worthwile activities than we can mention, so please check your library’s schedule to see the full list of activities going on in your neck of the woods.
1) 1/7 – North Natomas Library’s 2nd Birthday Celebration – join the North Natomas library from 2-4pm on Saturday for carnival games, prizes, face painting and birthday cake. Each child in attendence will receive a new book while supplies last.
2) 1/11 – Hagginwood Paint Adventures – Create unusual pieces of art using paint but NO paintbrush! Scratch paper, marbles, straws and more.
3) 1/12 – Arden/Dimick’s Candy Sushi for teens – 2:30-4:30pm. Do you love candy? Do you love creating artistic-looking food? Then Candy Sushi is for you. We’ll use a variety of sweet goodies to make fun treats that you can eat – and then enjoy the sugar rush!
4) 1/17 – Galt celebrates National Puzzle Day – 6:30-7:15pm. Take part in a puzzle mystery by looking for clues in the library and solving the case of the mysterious disappearance of the rare book of coins. Join others in a live-action game similar to the famous Parker Bros. game of “Clue” and see if you can catch the culprit!
5) 1/21 – Arcade Library’s Japanese Kekoshi Dolls workshop – 2-3pm. Back by popular demand for the whole family! Paint your own wooden Japanese kokeshi doll.