For many Sacramento kids, they are enjoying the week off of school this week for spring break. If you are like most of the parents I have talked to, then you are counting down the days until school is back in session!
If you are trying to find some fun and inexpensive things to keep your kids busy this week, I have compiled a list of our favorite “to do’s” during the holiday week.
- Hiking at Hidden Falls Regional Park in Auburn. Located at 7587 Mears Place in Auburn, this regional park is host to 221 acres of natural trails, creeks, wildlife and exploration. They have several trails that you can choose from, even those that are suitable for young children.
- Lace up your skates and hit one of our local Roller Skating Rinks. Admission and times vary, but we have several in the area that have been offering special “Spring Break” sessions and rates. We have Roller King in Roseville, Sunrise Rollerland in Citrus Heights, The Rink in Rancho Cordova and Foothills Skate in Sacramento.
- Enjoy a movie at the new Studio Movie Grill located in Rocklin. This new movie theater has everyone excited… food, drinks and a movie all in one spot! Order your tickets online and choose your seats ahead of time. Once you arrive, you are greeted by your server who will show you to your “table” and you can choose from appetizers, salads, main courses and more. If you want to skip the meal and just go for the movie theater popcorn, it still comes directly to your seat – so you can sit back and just enjoy the film.
- Enjoy a movie at the Drive-ins. Sacramento West Wind Drive Ins are located in Rancho Cordova. And on Thursday, April 16 – everyone can enjoy a FREE MOVIE NIGHT, along with $1.00 Nachos, live music and kids’ activities. It will be a fun family evening the kids will surely remember!
- Enjoy the afternoon out playing a round (or 2) of mini golf. Scandia Family Fun Center is located at 5070 Hillsdale Blvd, in Sacramento (off of Business 80). Enjoy golf, bumper cars, rides, arcade games and much more. Roseville Golfland-Sunsplash, located at 1893 Taylor Rd. in Roseville has golf, arcades, bumper cars, laser tag and more. It’s a family favorite of many and you can spend an entire day just playing and making great family memories at one of these fun centers.
Hopefully this list helps you think of some ideas to do with your kids during the spring break, or just for a fun weekend outing. Have fun and keep playing… they are only young once, enjoy these moments!