Mothers hold their children’s hands for a short while, but their hearts forever. ~Author Unknown
Mother’s Day is just around the corner and how will you celebrate your favorite moms in your life? Many choose brunch, breakfast in bed, pedicures and salon days. I prefer a day out spent enjoying it with those who matter the most – my mom and my kids! Don’t get me wrong, my toes need some serious pampering, I need some serious “soul rejuvenating” and someone else cooking for me – yes please! But, all in all, the most important thing to me is to spend the day with those whom I love and cherish.
If you are like me and trying to think of the perfect day out with your family, then look no further. I have compiled a short and sweet list of some great ideas of how you can celebrate those wonderful mothers in your life here in the Sacramento area.
- Mother’s Day High Tea at a Dash of Panache. Join other moms at this 11th annual event in downtown Roseville. Located at 217 Vernon Street, this Old Fashioned tea parlor will be hosting three different sittings on Mother’s Day. One at 11am, 2pm and 5pm. You can enjoy wearing “funny hats” (as my daughter likes to call them) while sipping gourmet teas and nibbling on “fancy” tea sandwiches. This event is very popular and does sell out, so get your tickets on their website and enjoy an afternoon of class with your loved ones
- Sacramento’s most beloved Amusement Park- Funderland will be offering moms free rides all day on Mother’s Day! If your idea of a “high tea’ isn’t your “cup of tea”, then head out to William Land Park and enjoy the log ride, dragon roller coaster and train rides and more with your kids.
- The 17th Annual East Sacramento Garden Tour on May 9 and 10 is always a family favorite. Benefitting the David Lubin Elementary School, this event is one not to be missed. Tickets to this event can be purchased on their website and you can tour 7 beautiful and inspiring gardens in Sacramento’s “Fabulous 40’s” neighborhood. A luncheon will also be served at the Sutter Lawn Tennis Club, along with boutiques and food trucks at the David Lubin School. The walk through these amazing homes is worth the ticket price and it’s a great event to take a part of with your moms.
- Treat mom to a Mother’s Day Sacramento River Cruise. The boat will set sail from the Old Sacramento L Street Dock and you will enjoy an hour-long ride along the Sacramento River, hearing stories about the history of our beloved city. Tickets and times can be found on the website. Tickets are $20 per person.
- Spend the afternoon at the California Automobile Museum, where moms get FREE admission and a sparkling mimosa to enjoy while “cruising” through the museum. Free admission will be from 10am-5pm on Sunday, May 10.
- My favorite way to spend the day is enjoying one of our local vineyards. At Scribner Bend Winery, you can enjoy a special Mother’s Day picnic with delicious artisan sandwiches and gourmet salads while sipping on their award-winning wines. Cost for the picnic is $10.50 and wine purchase is separate. Reserve your picnic on their website and enjoy a day out in the vineyard!
These are just a few ideas to keep you and mom going on her special day. But whatever you choose to do, enjoy each moment with your loved ones!