By Heather Crivellone
Its official. Summer is here! Teachers are kicking up their heels, kids are tossing out their school books and parents are scrambling to figure out what to do with their family over the next couple of months. No need to worry – between fairs, festivals and just good old summer fun… we have you covered. Here is a list of some upcoming events around the city to mark on your calendars for some family fun:
- El Dorado County Fair’s “Hog Days of Summer” will run June 18-21 at the El Dorado County Fairgrounds in Placerville.
- Placer County Fair’s theme “There’s No Place Like Placer” will run from June 25-28 at the Roseville Fairgrounds.
- 161st Annual California State Fair makes its famous appearance July 10-26 at the Cal Expo Fairgrounds.
- Amador County will host “Country Tunes and Midway Blooms” at Amador County Fairgrounds in Plymouth from July 23-26.
- From August 12-16 you can “Catch the Fair Bug” at the Nevada County Fairgrounds in Grass Valley.
- Yolo County hosts “the original free gate fair” at the Yolo County Fairgrounds in Woodland from August 19-23.
If you are looking for something other than corn dogs, funnel cakes and midway rides, then check out some of our famous food festivals that highlights our region’s top producing crops:
- Sloughhouse Davis Ranch 7th Annual Corn Festival from July 11-12 at 13211 Jackson Road in Sloughhouse.
- Marysville Peach Festival from July 17-18 in historic downtown Marysville.
- 37th Annual Gilroy Garlic Festival on July 24 at Christmas Hill Park in Gilroy.
- Cortland Pear Fair on July 26 in downtown Cortland.
- 5th Annual Sacramento Banana Festival from August 8-9 at William Land Park in Sacramento.
- 10th Annual Fair Oaks Chicken Festival on September 19 at Fair Oaks Park.
You will enjoy live entertainment, rides, demonstrations, exhibits, rodeos, concerts and so much more at these festivals- so mark your calendars with one of more of these legendary Sacramento area events and enjoy making memories with your family this summer.