Skip to content

9 NFL Players to Play in Charity Basketball Game in Sacramento Tomorrow

April 15, 2016

press_kit_design_page_1[1]There’s a really cool event happening in Sacramento tomorrow, that just came across my desk. Nine NFL players from teams like the Miami Dolphins, Oakland Raiders and Philadelphia Eagles will be in Sacramento tomorrow to play a charity basketball game. We’ve got several tickets to give away. If you would like a couple of tickets, please leave a comment at the end of this post or email asgreen@visitsacramento.com.

Hosted by Sacramento native and Cleveland Browns Wide Receiver Marlon Moore, the first annual Marlon Moore Charity Classic basketball game played by the NFL players will provide entertainment (who doesn’t want to watch football players try their hand at basketball?) and raise funds for the Children’s Receiving Home of Sacramento.

“My goal is to bring together NFL players and provide an entertaining basketball game to raise money for CRH,”  said Marlon.

Some of the biggest names in the NFL such as Dwayne Bowe, Asa Jackson and Rashad Jones confirmed their participation for this event. The game will take place in Sacramento at the Capital Christian Center, and is expected to fill the gym that seats 1,500 people.

What: 1st Annual Marlon Moore Charity Classic

Why: to raise funds for the Children’s Receiving Home of Sacramento

When: Saturday, April 16, 2016

Time: 10:00 am to 1:30 pm

Where: Capital Christian Center, 9470 Micron Ave., Sacramento

Advertisements
10 Comments leave one →
  1. Amber permalink
    April 16, 2016 8:18 am

Hello, I would like tickets to attend if possible. If there are none left would I be able to purchase at the door?

2. April 15, 2016 11:41 pm

Hi I would LOVE tickets if still available. Huge football family here 🙂 I’m thinking its too late but if not theres 5 of us all together. Please let me know, thank you!

3. April 15, 2016 11:40 pm

Hi I would LOVE tickets if still available. Huge football family here 🙂 There are 5 of us all together. Please let me know, thank you!

4. April 15, 2016 6:20 pm

Hi! I would love to to take my family especially my kids to this event, thank you!!

5. Sylvia Deiwert permalink
    April 15, 2016 12:09 pm

I would love to have some tickets for my family husband, wife and two boys ages 6 and 10. Thank you for hosting such a great event. Sylvia Deiwert

• scvbgold permalink*
      April 15, 2016 12:26 pm

Hi Sylvia – you’ve got 4 tickets waiting for pick up at our front desk. 1608 I Street. Thank you.

6. Jose Tovar permalink
    April 15, 2016 11:46 am

It’s humbling to see such amazing players come together for the greater cause of children. To see them take their time to benefit children is heartwarming. I would love fory four boys to witness this event. Thank you!

• scvbgold permalink*
      April 15, 2016 12:01 pm

Jose,
      I’m leaving 4 tickets for you at our front desk – please pick them up before we close at 5pm this evening. Have fun!
      Sacramento Convention & Visitors Bureau, 1608 I Street, Sacramento 95814.

7. Angela Elizabeth permalink
    April 15, 2016 11:03 am

I never heard of this event before, thanks for posting. I think it would be fun for my son to see football players play basketball if we are chosen to receive tickets.Especially since my son is starting to have a interest in playing basketball now.

• scvbgold permalink*
      April 15, 2016 11:10 am

You got it! How many tickets would you like? 2 or 4? You’ll need to come pick them up at our office downtown – 1608 I Street, Sacramento – before we close today at 5pm.