“Mothers hold their children’s hands for a short while, but their hearts forever”. ~Author Unknown
Mother’s Day is just around the corner and how will you celebrate your favorite moms in your life? Brunch? Breakfast in bed? Pedicures and salon days? I prefer a day out enjoying it with those who matter the most – my mom and my kids! Don’t get me wrong, my toes need some serious pampering, and I love someone else cooking for me. But, the most important thing to me is to spend the day with those whom I love and cherish.
If you are searching for the perfect day out with your family, then look no further. I have compiled a short and sweet list of some great ideas of how you can celebrate those wonderful mothers in your life here in the Sacramento area.
- Mother’s Day Tea and Talk: Gibson Mothers and their Flapper Daughters at the California Automobile Museum. Located at 2200 Front Street in Sacramento, join moms of all ages at this one of a kind Mothers Day Tea. From 2pm- 4 pm on May 8, join historian Bonnie Hansen as she shares how the automobile contributes to one of the greatest generation gaps of the century- Victorian era mothers and their free thinking flapper daughters! Enjoy teas and desserts, view the museum and take a pictures inside a vintage 1920s era Model A. Admission is $30-$35
- Mother’s Day High Tea at a Dash of Panache. Join other moms at this annual event in downtown Roseville. Located at 217 Vernon Street, this Old Fashioned tea parlor will be hosting three different sittings on Mother’s Day. One at 11am, 2pm and 5pm. You can enjoy wearing “funny hats” (as my daughter likes to call them) while sipping gourmet teas and nibbling on “fancy” tea sandwiches. This event is very popular and does sell out, so get your tickets on their website and enjoy an afternoon of class with your loved ones
- The 18th Annual East Sacramento Garden Tour on May 7 & 8 is always a family favorite. Benefitting the David Lubin Elementary School, this event is one not to be missed. Tickets to this event can be purchased on their website and you can tour 7 beautiful and inspiring gardens in Sacramento’s “Fabulous 40’s” neighborhood. An elegant luncheon will also be served from 11am- 2pm, for $15. Enjoy vendors, boutiques and an elegant lunch while touring these breathtaking homes. The walk through these amazing homes is worth the ticket price and it’s a great event to take a part of with your moms. Tickets are $21.
- Treat mom to a Mother’s Day Sacramento River Cruise. The boat will set sail from the Old Sacramento L Street Dock and you will enjoy an hour-long ride along the Sacramento River, hearing stories about the history of our beloved city. This special Mother’s Day cruise will be on Sunday, May 8 departing at 10:30, 12:00, 1:30 and 3:00. Tickets are $20 per person and can be purchased on the website.
- Take the entire family to Roseville for their annual Berry Fest! Enjoy Strawberry treats and eats at this fun-filled event. On May 7 and 8, the Roseville fairgrounds will turn into a berry heaven with fun for kids of all ages. Enjoy cooking demonstrations, live music an entertainment, pony rides, petting zoo, a Berry Fun Color Run and more! Don’t forget to go hungry, as there will even be a strawberry shortcake eating contest. General admission is $10, children ages 6-12 and seniors are $5, under the age of 5 is free.
These are just a few ideas to keep you and mom going on her special day. But whatever you choose to do, enjoy each moment with your loved ones!
By Heather Crivellone