Top 5 Sacramento Memorial Day Events if you are Staying in Town this Year
Our days are getting longer, the evenings are getting warmer and the kids are counting down the last days of school. Summer is around the corner and the official “kick off” to summer begins with Memorial Day weekend.
If you have chosen to stay local and enjoy the long weekend at home, we have several fun activities throughout the area to keep your family entertained:
- Sacramento County Fair: May 26-30 at Cal Expo Fairgrounds (1600 Exposition Blvd, Sacramento). This year’s theme is “Let’s Eat, Have Fun and Celebrate the Red, White and Blue”. Enjoy carnival rides, games and exhibits. Watch professional bull riding and Monster Truck shows. Check out the livestock auctions and of course- eat all the fried food imaginable! Children ages 0-12 are FREE, General Admission $5 and parking is $10.
- Take the family to enjoy the 7th Annual Vettes for Vets & American Muscle Car show at the California Automobile Museum (2200 Front Street, Sacramento). May 30 from 9am-3pm, enjoy a FREE car show outside the museum with local hot rods and muscle cars. To enter your muscle car- contact the museum and there is a $25 fee to enter into the show.
- Sacramento Music Festival will be hitting stages throughout Old Sacramento May 27-30. Music lovers of all ages will enjoy hearing blues, jazz, rock and dance music during this annual event. If you have never been to one of these events, I highly urge you to check it out. Great music, food, vendors and activities. Tickets can be purchased on the website and they start at $25.
- Check out the Greek Food and Wine Festival in Roseville, May 27-29. Enjoy live music and entertainment, great food and wine. There will be a kid’s zone with activities to keep the younger ones busy- and of course lots of dancing! $3 admission and proceeds of this event will go to local charities.
- Head out to the ballpark and watch our Sacramento Rivercats take on the Oklahoma City Dodgers on Monday, May 30. Spend the afternoon watching the baseball game and enjoy a Memorial Day BBQ at the park. Tickets are $10-$63.
Whatever you choose to do this Memorial Day weekend, we hope you spend it with loved ones and enjoy the kick off to summer.
By Heather Crivellone