Skip to content

Win Tickets: Fairytale Town’s A Midsummer Night’s Dream & Crystal Ice Cream Fantasy

June 13, 2016

MidsummerPostcardWebOne of Fairytale Town’s most popular events is just around the corner. A Midsummer Night’s Dream & Crystal Ice Cream Fantasy comes to the park on June 25, 2016. On this magical night, William Shakespeare’s fairy-themed play comes to life on the Mother Goose Stage where Shakespeare Lite will present Pyramus and Thisbe from A Midsummer Night’s Dream with free theater performances at 6, 7 and 8 pm. Also part of the fun will be hands-on activities, live music by Celtic band Stepping Stone, and all-you-can-eat ice cream. This is surely to be a magical evening at Sacramento’s favorite storybook park.

Would you like a chance to win tickets to this popular event? Simply tell us your favorite Fairytale Town memory (as a child, or with your own kiddos) and you’ll be entered to win a family 4-pack to the event on June 25. Leave your memory in the comment section below no later than Wednesday, June 15 at 4pm. A winner will be randomly chosen at 5pm on June 15, 2016. Good luck!

What: A Midsummer Night’s Dream & Crystal Ice Cream Fantasy

When: Saturday, June 25, 2016, 5-9 pm

Where: Fairytale Town

Cost: Advance Tickets – $15 adults, $7 children; day-of tickets – $20 adults, $10 children

Advertisements
21 Comments leave one →
  1. June 21, 2016 5:44 pm

I have never been to Fairytale Town. I look forward to taking my son there so we can make some new memories and have fun.

2. June 15, 2016 10:53 am

Fairytale town has always been my family’s favorite place to go. Once a month on a Saturday my mother would take my sisters, brothers and I and we would have a blast. We loved to ride the train and get on the rides and afterwards we’d have a picnic. We would spend our whole Saturday there and we would hate to leave. Fairytale town kept my family together and we have such fond memories of going there that we still fondly talk about today.

3. Josephine Christensen permalink
    June 14, 2016 9:23 pm

Looking forward to making memories with our grandson. Just gave our daughter & son in law a family membership so they can enjoy Storyland. Remember taking our daughters to the Oakland park when they were little; so fun to think of her raking her child

4. June 14, 2016 7:45 pm

Climbing on the Big Cheese!

5. Charles Szatkowski permalink
    June 14, 2016 7:33 pm

My daughter Sylvia had a birthday party at the Castle in Fairytale Town two years ago and our favorite memory of the experience was when the party helpers read them a story as they ate their cake and ice cream. They were so attentive to the costumed princess that I had to record their faces! It was a fantasy come alive for them. 🙂

6. LaJeanna Cowan permalink
    June 14, 2016 4:17 pm

Just moving to Sac. made my children miserable. They left everything they knew. My son went to school to make new friends. My favorite memory was seeing how happy my 4 year old daughter was to find a place she could make new friends and get Mommy to act crazy at the same time.

7. Drena Lopez permalink
    June 14, 2016 3:03 pm

My kids love playing pretending they’re explorers and exploring each area in fairytale town to find treasure.

8. Denise X. permalink
    June 14, 2016 2:08 pm

Summer 2015, it was our first family day at Fairytale Town. Right when my 2 year old son walked in through the gates, he points to Humpty Dumpty and says, “Look, mommy, monster grinning.”

9. Brajesh Choubisa permalink
    June 14, 2016 1:57 pm

We are new here, and I am sure it will be a memorable one. My kid is much into fantasies and goes animated often watching them.

10. John Cottrell permalink
    June 14, 2016 8:31 am

Pretending to be pirates on the pirate ship with my daughter!

11. Chris permalink
    June 14, 2016 7:43 am

walking backward on the Crooked Mile.

12. Sharee permalink
    June 14, 2016 6:58 am

Mr McGregors Garden. Watching my twins and their out of town cousin give the plants a drink on a hot summers day. Much fun and laughter and a drenched garden or two. Happy memories made with Aunts, Uncles and a cousin. Priceless.

13. DIANE RICHARDS permalink
    June 13, 2016 9:06 pm

The Crooked Mile is a favorite when you are a kid and when you grow up and become a kid at heart 🙂

14. Erinne permalink
    June 13, 2016 6:11 pm

My favorite memory is when our whole family of five plus our extended family walked through the the crooked mile together!!

15. Karen D. permalink
    June 13, 2016 3:55 pm

My son loves the Crooked Mile – 20 laps at least every time we go. Great place!

16. Desiree Sanderd permalink
    June 13, 2016 12:50 pm

I loved watching my kids play in the big red shpepper slide!!

• scvbgold permalink*
      June 15, 2016 4:38 pm

Congratulations Desiree Sanderd! You are our FTT Midsummer Night’s ticket winner. Please contact us by 5pm on Friday, June 17, 2016 to claim your family 4-pack. Thanks!

17. An-Vi permalink
    June 13, 2016 12:06 pm

My favorite memory of fairytale town is taking my kids for their first time when they were babies. They had so much fun playing around and loved seeing all the animals.

18. Desiree A. permalink
    June 13, 2016 11:28 am

I have never gone with my children but I would love to biuld a new memory with them to share 💗

19. Brittany permalink
    June 13, 2016 11:25 am

When I was a kid, my sister fell in the moat!

20. John Craighton permalink
    June 13, 2016 11:09 am

Magical night with lots of ice cream! I wouldn’t miss it, neither should you!