Father’s Day is this weekend and what are you planning for dear old dad? Sacramento has many options to keep the dads in your life happy and enjoying the day dedicated to them. Here is a quick list of some places to take them and local events that are celebrating Father’s Day:
- Take dad to see our professional soccer team the Sacramento Republic at Cal Expo. These games are always-action packed and fun (even if you are not a soccer fan). This weekend they will be playing at 8pm against Rio Grande Valley FC Toro. Tickets are available on their website and it’s sure to be an action packed evening!
2. On June 18, from 5:15 – 8pm, visit Old Sacramento and watch as the Great Race cruises into town. The Great Race is an annual event that showcases 120 of the world’s finest collector cars for a week-long time/distance/endurance rally across the United States. The route travels from the famous Lincoln Highway, beginning in San Rafael and ending in Moline, Illinois. View these classics as they roll into Old Sacramento at one-minute intervals for two hours, winding their way down Second Street, then onto L Street and finishing on Front Street. This is a FREE event for the family.
3. Enjoy a family fun day at a River Cats game! Grab some hot dogs, peanuts and cracker jacks and watch our area’s favorite minor league baseball team. This weekend, they are taking on the El Paso Chihuahuas. Enjoy a Father’s Day Pregame BBQ on Saturday, or just enjoy the Sunday Family Day at the afternoon game. Friday night and Saturday evening games begin at 7:05 pm and Sunday afternoon’s game begins at 1:05 pm.
4. Take Dad on a Father’s Day River Cruise. Hornblower River Cruise departs from Old Sacramento and will take you and your family on a one hour narrated tour. You can see the sights of Sacramento and hear about the history of the Sacramento River in this fun and relaxing afternoon. Tickets are available for $20 and the cruises will run from 12-4 on Father’s Day.
5. Enjoy some Classic Cars, Craft Beers and Corn Dogs at the Annual Dad’s Day Event at Denio’s market on June 18. From 10am-2pm, you and dad can enjoy a car show and cruise the swap meet with your beers for this fun filled event. Denio’s market is located at 1551 Vineyard Road in Roseville.
6. The Annual Rides in Classics hosted by the California Automobile Museum will be June 19 from 10am – 5pm. Enjoy rides to Old Sacramento in some amazing classic cars and view exhibits. Best part of the day? Dads get in FREE to the museum on Father’s Day.
So, whatever you choose to do to make Father’s day special for the dads in your life, we hope you take the time to celebrate and enjoy with family and friends. This is just a short list of things to do – I didn’t even mention my dad’s favorite – GOLF. We have so many courses in the area; I couldn’t choose a top one to highlight.
I hope this helps in deciding something fun for you and your dad. If not, just do what we will be doing, grilling in the backyard and celebrating our favorite men!
By Heather Crivellone