Tis’ the season for cold winter evenings, hot cocoa and homemade cookies. It’s the most wonderful time of year – with traditions, memories being made and holiday cheer all around us! One of our family’s traditions is to bundle up and go around the Sacramento valley in search of the best Christmas light shows. Luckily, we don’t have to travel far to find some neighborhoods that go all out and decorate their homes for the season.
Whether you live in Sacramento or the surrounding communities, you can be sure to find a neighborhood that has the holiday spirit. Here is a list of our family’s favorite “must see” homes and neighborhoods in the area:
40th-49th streets between Folsom Boulevard and H street.
3961 Fair Oaks Boulevard
9333 Dovewood Court
5640 Kenneth Avenue
9855 Oak Ratch Place
3316 Lake Terrace Drive
1027 Hildebrand Circle
Twin wood Loop
Pebble Creek Drive and Strand Road
5620 Onyx Drive
Bayside Church Drive Thru light show on Stanford Ranch (Free tickets need to be reserved through the website)
Tips for enjoying the lights:
– Don’t be in a hurry. Everyone is trying to make memories and enjoy the season. There will most likely be some heavy traffic and parking challenges in some areas. Be patient with one another and prepare to walk.
– Bring hot cocoa or some cash, as some homes sell hot cocoa for your walk.
– Some homes are also collecting canned foods for charity.
– Dress warmly and wear good walking shoes.
– Enjoy these special moments with your family!
Here’s a couple of other resources to help you find some fantastic displays:
California Christmas Lights
The Best Neighborhoods in the Sacramento Area to see Holiday Lights
By Heather Crivellone